Getting the upcoming Star Wars Jedi: Survivor game for free is possible, but there‘s a catch. While not completely free, you can get Jedi: Survivor at a heavily discounted price by signing up for a 12-month EA Play membership. Here‘s what you need to know about getting Jedi: Survivor for free or cheap when it releases in April 2023.
How to Get Jedi: Survivor for "Free"
EA Play, Electronic Arts‘ subscription gaming service, offers subscribers early access trials and discounts on EA games. By signing up for a 12-month EA Play membership for $99.99, you can get Star Wars Jedi: Survivor for free when it launches on April 28, 2023.
While $99.99 upfront is not free, it essentially makes Jedi: Survivor free by giving you full access to the Standard Edition as part of your subscription benefits. Considering the Standard Edition costs $69.99 on its own, you‘re saving $30 dollars and getting a year of EA Play benefits.
EA Play Membership Perks
Along with full access to Jedi: Survivor, a 12-month EA Play subscription includes:
- Early access trials – Play new releases like Jedi: Survivor for up to 10 hours before launch
- Discounts – 10% off EA digital purchases including Jedi: Survivor DLCs
- The Play List – A library of top EA titles like Star Wars: Squadrons
- Monthly reward packs – Content and consumables for EA games
For Star Wars fans, EA Play is a great value considering it also grants access to over a dozen Star Wars titles.
Jedi: Survivor Pre-Order Bonuses and Editions
If you don‘t want to subscribe to EA Play and prefer to buy Jedi: Survivor outright, here are the different editions available for pre-order:
- Standard Edition ($69.99) – Includes Obi-Wan Kenobi cosmetic pack
- Deluxe Edition ($79.99) – Includes cosmetic pack, digital art book, behind the scenes video
- Collector‘s Edition ($269.99) – Includes steelbook case, Cal & BD-1 figurines, lithographs, and more
All editions come with the Obi-Wan Kenobi cosmetic pack which has a Jedi robe outfit, blaster, and blue lightsaber inspired by Obi-Wan. The more expensive Deluxe and Collector‘s Editions add extra digital and physical bonuses for die-hard fans.
Gameplay and Story Details
EA and Respawn Entertainment have kept many gameplay and story details under wraps. Here‘s what we know so far about what to expect in Jedi: Survivor:
- Open world elements – Jedi: Survivor will feature more open world environments to explore but not a fully open world
- No multiplayer – The game will remain a single-player story focused on Cal Kestis
- Next-gen only – Jedi: Survivor will be for PS5, Xbox Series X|S and PC. It won‘t release on PS4 or Xbox One
- Five years after Fallen Order – The story takes place five years after the events of Jedi: Fallen Order
For fans of Jedi: Fallen Order, they can expect similar gameplay but on a grander scale when Jedi: Survivor releases next year.
Is Jedi: Fallen Order Free?
Jedi: Fallen Order, the first game starring Cal Kestis, is currently free in a limited promotion. Amazon Prime members can download Jedi: Fallen Order for free right now through Prime Gaming to keep forever.
Jedi: Fallen Order is also included with EA Play subscriptions. So if you want to catch up on the story before playing the sequel, you can get the first game for free.
Get Jedi: Survivor on a Budget
While not 100% free, signing up for EA Play provides the best value for getting access to both Jedi: Survivor and Jedi: Fallen Order. With discounts and early gameplay, it‘s the ideal membership for Star Wars fans.
Pre-ordering Jedi: Survivor directly also scores you bonus cosmetic items. And keeping an eye out for promotions like Prime Gaming giveaways can help you get the first Jedi: Fallen Order game gratis.
With EA Play, pre-order perks, and potential free promotions, you can get Jedi: Survivor and expand your Star Wars gaming experience on a budget. Just don‘t expect to use Jedi mind tricks to get Jedi: Survivor completely free – at least not at launch!