Here is a 2000+ word blog post on the topic "Is YouTube Veteran Matthew Patrick Hosting the 2023 Streamy Awards This Sunday?":
The Streamy Awards are back for another year celebrating the best and brightest in the digital creator community. Held annually since 2009, the show honors excellence in online video and the creators behind some of the internet‘s most popular content. This year‘s event is shaping up to be a big one, with YouTube legend Matthew "MatPat" Patrick tapped as host.
With the ceremony just days away on Sunday, August 27th, here‘s a comprehensive look at what to expect:
Overview of the 2023 Streamy Awards
- Date: Sunday, August 27th, 2023
- Time: 6PM PT / 9PM ET
- Location: The Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, CA
- Host: MatPat (Matthew Patrick) of YouTube channels The Game Theorists, Film Theory and Food Theory
- Presenters: Charli D‘Amelio, MrBeast, PewDiePie and more TBA
- How to Watch: Livestream on YouTube, Facebook, Twitch; highlights on Instagram and TikTok
The 13th Annual Streamy Awards promises an exciting show celebrating the diverse creator community responsible for some of YouTube‘s biggest channels and online video content.
All About Host MatPat: YouTube Veteran & Pop Culture Expert
Matthew Patrick, better known as MatPat, is a veteran YouTuber and pop culture expert behind several hugely popular channels including The Game Theorists, Film Theory, and Food Theory.
With over 28 million subscribers across his channels, MatPat has amassed an engaged audience thanks to his unique blend of gaming theories, movie analysis, trivia breakdowns, and edutainment. His scripted shows, like Film/Game Theory and Food Theory, offer well-researched dives into topics ranging from the lore of FNAF and Mario to debunking food myths.
MatPat brings sharp comedic wit, research skills, and pop culture knowledge to hosting the Streamys. His experience spearheading multiple top YouTube channels gives him valuable insight into the platform and creator community. MatPat‘s hosting is sure to make the awards an entertaining and memorable night.
When & Where to Watch the 2023 Streamy Awards
This year‘s Streamy Awards take place on Sunday, August 27th starting at 6PM PT from the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, California.
For those wanting to watch the show live, the Streamys will be streamed across several platforms including:
- YouTube: Live from the Streamys channel
- Facebook: Streamed live on the Streamy Awards Facebook page
- Twitch: Live coverage on Twitch‘s Streamy channel
Can‘t watch live? Not to worry. Highlights and clips from the red carpet and ceremony will also be shared on Instagram, TikTok, and other social channels.
With multiple streaming options, it‘s easy to join in on all the Streamys action.
Why the Streamy Awards Matter for Creators
Since launching in 2009, the Streamy Awards have become an important benchmark of success for digital creators. The awards recognize both established and rising talent across over 30 categories.
For creators, winning or even just being nominated for a Streamy:
- Provides validation from peers for their work
- Helps drive their brand and credibility
- Brings exposure by being associated with the event
- Shows their impact on the industry
With top YouTubers often boosting fellow creators by nominating them, the Streamys reflect influence in the online video space.
Winning a Streamy also brings bragging rights and enhances a creator‘s resume. It cements their status and talent on a platform where discovery is competitive.
Ultimately, the Streamys acknowledge creators‘ innovation and passion that‘s made YouTube a destination for entertainment.
A Look at This Year‘s Presenters Lineup
Part of the hype around each year‘s Streamys is finding out which creators will be on hand to present the awards. This year boasts an exciting slate of presenters from YouTube, TikTok and beyond:
- Charli D‘Amelio – TikTok superstar and one of the platform‘s biggest stars
- MrBeast – YouTube icon known for extravagant stunts and charity work
- PewDiePie – Veteran gaming YouTuber and one of the site‘s first breakout creators
- Dixie D‘Amelio – TikTokker and singer who launched her music career via the app
- Markiplier – Beloved gaming personality with over 30 million YouTube subscribers
- Addison Rae – Influential TikToker who parlayed her following into TV, film and music
The initial list of presenters revealed leans heavily into YouTube gaming creators who helped pave the way on the platform. We can likely expect more TikTokers and mainstream celebs to be announced as presenters soon as well.
With Charli D‘Amelio presenting, she seems a shoo-in to take home the TikToker of the Year award at the very least.
Analyzing This Year‘s Categories & Nominees
The 2023 Streamys encompass over 30 award categories spanning all corners of online video – comedy, lifestyle, news, podcasts, scripted series and more. Leading the pack with the most nominations this year are:
- MrBeast – 7 nominations including Creator of the Year
- Markiplier – 7 nominations including Gaming Creator of the Year
- D‘Amelio Show – 6 nominations including Show of the Year
- Sidemen – 5 nominations including Ensemble Cast
- Jaiden Animations – 4 nominations including Animated Series
Full List of Nominees:
|Creator of the Year||MrBeast, Charli D‘Amelio, Dixie D‘Amelio, Dream, Khaby Lame|
|Show of the Year||D‘Amelio Show, UNHhhh, Sidemen Sunday, Hot Ones, MsMojo|
|Collaboration||MrBeast & Mark Rober, Simone Giertz & Michael Reeves, Ethan & Hila Klein, Quackity & Karl Jacobs|
The expanded nominee list reflects YouTube‘s growing scope of content from high-budget productions like D‘Amelio Show to DIY passion projects from individual creators.
In particular, this year‘s Creator and Show of the Year categories highlight social media phenoms who launched to fame within the past couple years via TikTok and YouTube Shorts. The Streamys have their finger on the pulse of rising digital talent.
Celebrating the Heart of the Creator Community
Since launching over a decade ago, the Streamy Awards have always been about celebrating the diverse and vibrant creator community. This year is no different.
While the show features mainstream names like TikTok dancers and game streamers, the Streamys also consistently uplift smaller and underrepresented creators. Categories like Live Streamer, Indie Creator, and Breakout Creator ensure burgeoning artists are recognized right alongside digital juggernauts.
Passionate independents – animators, storytellers, comedians, activists – are the lifeblood of YouTube and online video. By nominating these rising stars, the Streamys validates creators that may not make headlines yet still create beloved content that resonates.
Through comedy, commentary, or just sharing their truth, these creators connect with niche audiences often ignored by mainstream entertainment. The Streamys give much-deserved appreciation to artists across the full spectrum of online video.
Why This Year‘s Streamys Are Unmissable
With all eyes on the 2023 Steamys, this year‘s awards are gearing up to be a must-see event celebrating the best in digital entertainment and creation. Here‘s why you won‘t want to miss out:
- A-List Presenters: Charli D‘Amelio to PewDiePie, the presenter lineup is packed with fan favorites
- Premier Creators Honored: Leading nominees like MrBeast and Markiplier will be center stage
- MatPat Hosting: The witty YouTube veteran makes the perfect host to lead the show
- Live Performances: Musical acts and guest segments will liven up the ceremony
- Red Carpet Glamour: See creators dress to impress and walk the Streamys red carpet
- Heartwarming Moments: Humble acceptance speeches and touching tributes always steal the spotlight
- Unique Collaborations: Collabs between creators present opportunities for viral memorable moments
With all its glitz, star power and celebration of the internet‘s brightest talents, the 2023 Streamy Awards is poised for a night of fun and must-see moments. Catch the livestream across YouTube, Facebook and Twitch this Sunday 8/27 at 6PM PT!