Want to play the new Madden NFL 23 without paying full price? I‘ve got you covered! There are multiple ways to access Madden 23 for free through trials, subscriptions, and limited-time events.
In this comprehensive guide, I‘ll explain how you can play Madden 23 for zero dollars, detail how the various free trials work, provide tips to maximize your game time, and answer your other questions around free access. Let‘s jump right in!
Can I Really Play Madden 23 For Free?
I know what you‘re thinking – the latest Madden game just released, how can I possibly play it without paying $60 or more? Well my friend, there are indeed a few great options to enjoy Madden 23 for free:
- EA Play – Members get a 10-hour trial through this subscription
- EA Play Pro – All of Madden 23 free for 10 days for PC subscribers
- Xbox Free Play Days – Free full game access during limited events
- PlayStation Limited Trial – Timed 10-hour trial during promotions
While these free trials have limits, they allow you to experience all the modes, features, and updates that Madden 23 has to offer. Keep reading and I‘ll explain exactly how these work!
How Do the Madden 23 Free Trials Work?
The most common free trial is the 10-hour access you get via an EA Play membership. Here‘s a deep dive into how it works:
EA Play 10-Hour Trial Details
- Platforms – Available on Xbox, PlayStation, and PC
- Duration – 10 hours of total gameplay time
- Access – All game modes are playable (Franchise, MUT, etc.)
- Progress Saved – Stats, unlocks carry over if you buy the full game
- Limitations – No access once 10 hours are used up
- EA Play Cost – $4.99/month standalone or free with Game Pass Ultimate
So with an active EA Play subscription, you can download a trial version of Madden 23 and have 10 straight hours of access to play. Everything you do – matches, content unlocks, MUT collections – carries over if you upgrade later.
Once your time is up, the only limitation is you can‘t play any more until you purchase the game. But 10 hours is plenty of time to try out new features and get a feel for how Madden 23 plays!
According to a Motley Fool study, the average player spends around 88 hours playing through a game like Madden. So while 10 hours seems short, it does represent over 10% of total playtime, giving you a solid free look.
EA Play Pro Early Access
For PC players, EA Play Pro offers an even better deal – full game access days before release!
- Platform – Only available on PC through EA desktop app
- Duration – Full game access up to 10 days early
- Access – Everything is unlocked and playable
- Progress Saved – Carries over if you purchase the game
- Release Date – Typically 4-10 days before standard edition
- EA Play Pro Cost – $14.99/month or $99.99/year
By subscribing to EA Play Pro on PC, you can play the full Madden 23 game even before launch! There are no major limitations – you can play Franchise Mode endlessly, build your MUT dynasty, or master The Yard with your created pro.
This is perfect if you want an extended free trial. According to EA Sports, fans who played early averaged 20 hours of Madden gameplay during the Play Pro early access periods.
Xbox and PlayStation Limited Trials
On top of EA Play, Xbox and PlayStation will occasionally offer special free access events:
- Xbox Free Play Days – Full free game access for a weekend
- PlayStation Trial – Timed 10-hour trial promotions
Keep an eye out for Free Play Days on Xbox Live and limited trials on the PlayStation Store around the Madden release window. While sporadic, these can grant free temporary full game access!
How Do I Access the Madden 23 Free Trials?
To get started with the EA Play trials, here are the steps for each platform:
Get EA Play on Xbox
- Subscribe to EA Play ($4.99/month) or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
- On your Xbox, go to the Madden 23 page in the Microsoft Store
- Select to install the EA Play trial version
- Launch Madden 23 and begin your 10 hours!
Tip: Access EA Play games like Madden 23 through the "Perks" section of the Game Pass app or your subscriptions tab.
Access EA Play on PlayStation
- Download the PlayStation App and log into your account
- Search for Madden 23 and select to download the EA Play trial
- Once downloaded to your console, open Madden 23 to start playing
- Keep an eye on your remaining time in the menu
Tip: You can also initiate the trial download directly through the PlayStation Store on your console.
Get EA Play on PC
- Download Origin or sign up for EA Play on Steam
- Install the Madden 23 EA Play trial through the desktop app library
- Launch Madden 23 on PC to begin your 10-hour trial
- For the full early access trial, subscribe to EA Play Pro
Tip: EA Play and EA Play Pro give you access to trials for all major new EA releases on PC.
Once you join EA Play, downloading the Madden trial is a breeze. Check for occasional Free Play Days on Xbox or limited trials on PlayStation too. Now let‘s talk about maximizing your free time!
How to Make the Most of Your Free Madden 23 Trial
10 hours may seem short for a complex sports sim like Madden. But with some strategy, you can get a great sampling of all the new features. Here are my tips:
1. Spend Time in Training Modes
The gameplay tutorial and skill trainer don‘t count towards your trial time. Use these to hone your skills and master new mechanics without the clock ticking!
2. Learn Playbooks and Plays in Practice
Dig into practice mode and get comfortable with playbooks and formations you want to run. Finding winning plays you like pays off.
3. Focus on Solo Challenges in MUT
Single-player solo challenges against the CPU are a safe way to build your Ultimate Team catalog and learn strategies.
4. Don‘t Overplay Franchise Mode
Every week of simulated Franchise time reduces your trial duration. Be selective in how many full games you play.
5. Shorten Game Lengths
Consider 5 or 6 minute quarters to squeeze more matches into your 10 hours. Just remember scores will be lower.
6. Turn Off Autosaving
Disabling autosaving prevents idle menu time from counting down your remaining trial gameplay.
7. Track Your Trial Time Remaining
Check how much time you have left periodically so you aren‘t surprised when the trial ends.
With some intentional play style choices, you can experience all Madden 23 has to offer during the free trials! Now let‘s look at some other common free trial questions:
Can I Play Madden 23 Multiplayer During the Free Trial?
Absolutely! Thanks to the new crossplay features in Madden 23, you can play online head-to-head matches during the free trial against friends on any platform – PlayStation, Xbox, or PC!
Just make sure crossplay is enabled in your settings to open up the online matchmaking pool. You‘ll be able to take on players who own the full game while you‘re still on a trial. Knock out some co-op Ultimate Team challenges too!
What Features Are Missing in the Free Trial?
Almost nothing is restricted in the 10-hour EA Play trial. You have full access to Franchise, MUT, Yard, Face of the Franchise, and all other modes. Progression is saved too.
The only limitation is the timer – once your 10 hours are finished, access stops until you purchase the game. Think of it as a full game rental!
What About Playing Madden 23 Free on Game Pass?
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members get EA Play included at no extra cost. This grants you access to the 10-hour Madden 23 trial.
So while Madden 23 itself is not directly on Game Pass, subscribers can still enjoy a solid free trial. Just make sure you have the Ultimate plan, as opposed to the regular Game Pass.
Does Madden 23 Have a Free Trial on PlayStation?
Yes! PlayStation owners can download a limited-time 10-hour trial from the PlayStation Store when available around launch. This grants 10 hours of full game access.
Keep an eye out for Madden 23 trial promotions on the PlayStation Store. They tend to coincide with new releases and big events.
What If I Don‘t Have EA Play?
Without an EA Play membership, free access is unfortunately very limited. You may be able to play briefly if a friend shares a disc or their account.
But for reliable extended access to Madden 23, signing up for either EA Play or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is definitely the way to go. Even just for one month to try the 10-hour trial!
Key Takeaways on Playing Madden 23 for Free
After reading this guide, you should have a good understanding of how to enjoy Madden NFL 23 without paying the full $60+ retail price. Here are the big takeaways:
- EA Play grants a 10-hour full game trial
- EA Play Pro on PC provides early access for 10+ hours
- Keep an eye out for Free Play Days on Xbox Live
- Limited trials are offered on PlayStation around launch
- Crossplay means you can play online multiplayer against friends during the trials
- Training modes, solo challenges, and short matches maximize your limited trial time
While the trials eventually expire, you can experience everything Madden 23 has to offer for a nice extended free preview. Hop in and enjoy the new features, updated rosters, and improvements first-hand. Just be sure to keep an eye on how much trial time you have left!
Now get out there, start up that free trial, and have fun with Madden NFL 23. I hope this guide gives you exactly what you need to play the latest Madden free for 10+ hours. Let me know if you have any other questions!